Updated: Dec 23, 2021
Have you ever wondered how Online Physio can work for you and your Achilles pain? In this blog post I will describe how it works, why it’s a great option for a Physiotherapy appointment and what you can expect.
Online Physio appointments allow you to contact us from anywhere you have internet access, for example, while on holiday somewhere remote, whilst at work or in the comfort of your own home. There are no transport or parking issues and no waiting rooms!
How does it work, don’t you have to touch me?
The most up-to-date, evidenced based treatment for Achilles pain is load management and exercises. You can read more about this in the "Treatment" section of our Achilles Fact File.
We can provide this treatment effectively over a video call and this is how we do it:
1. We take a thorough history of your problem exactly as we would do in a clinic by asking you questions.
2. Following that, we will ask you to do a series of tests and movements. Thanks to the video call technology this allows us to observe what you are doing and how you are doing it. These tests and movements are exactly the same as we use in a clinic room.
3. To be able to see all of the areas of your body that we need to assess we may ask you to move your device around. It is best to be in a room with little or no interruptions like it would be in a clinic environment and you will need enough space to sit, stand and lie down.
4. During the appointment we will also teach, demonstrate and show you the exercises. You will have a turn to try them and test them out in front of your device’s screen so we can watch and help you.
5. After the appointment you will receive a report on your problem and what we have discussed during the assessment. This includes a personalised exercise programme with pictures and videos and a training / activity plan for the forthcoming week(s).
6. You will also have email access if any queries come up during your time with us at TreatMyAchilles.com.
What you need:
A phone, computer (with webcam), tablet or similar to video call from.
Space to lie, sit and stand.
Comfortable loose clothing
Preferable but not a necessity:
A portable chair e.g. a dining or desk chair
A blank piece of paper and a pen
A small amount of wall space
Your body is designed to heal itself. Online Physio lends itself perfectly to treating this painful condition as we help you to help your body do just that with expert advice and a tailor-made exercise prescription. We are also here for support whenever you need it. See which of our treatment options suits you.
Let me know if you have any questions!